Diabetes is today recognized as a major lifestyle disease and India has become the diabetic capital of the world.
- Pancreas is one of the most important organ in the body which secretes insulin along with various .Insulin is very important for regulating our blood sugar along with other functions. The etiology of diabetes in India is multi factorial and includes genetic factors coupled with environmental influences such as obesity associated with rising living standards, steady urban migration and life style changes. Almost every organ in the body can be adversely affected with the onset of diabetes.
- DM is defined as a carbohydrate disturbance characterized by hyperglycemia with peripheral insulin deficiency or insulin resistance.
- In infertility practice as most of the female partners encountered are in the elderly age group, as a part of the routine initial work up.
- We do diabetes screening for both partners.
- As overt diabetes during pregnancy has significant adverse impact on maternal and perinatal outcome, it is mandatory to screen all the infertile couple and to diagnose diabetes and to keep it under control, before planning for any ART procedure.